fairytale

fairytale

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Foodie Friday

It's Foodie Friday!!!!
Okay so it is actually Sunday now but I wrote the majority of my blog on the Friday, then I had to work a whole bunch and my Ipad freaked out with my photos but all is good now and so I am uploading Foodie Friday a little late.....sorry :(

This week has been so much in the kitchen. My whole family has taken to my new healthier lifestyle and everyone has been enjoying all the yummy foods. My 12 year old son was my biggest worry because he doesn't eat a lot in general and when he does he just lounges on the couch eating whatever has the most sugar or bags of chips. I know that sounds terrible but now that he is growing up and I'm working 6 days a week I just can't monitor and control everything as much as I used to.

I'm not saying that as an excuse it is just the way it has become this past year and everything has slackened. I sat him down last week and we talked about healthier choices and more exercise. He told me that he likes to play Football with his friends at school so we went to the shops and bought him a football to encourage him to play more. Then I asked if he would like to join me in eating healthier foods and making better decisions with food. It is a new journey for me trying to eat clean and make better choices and I didn't wanted him to make the decision himself with a little guidance because after all I am the parent but I do like my children to have a say in their own lives. 

He fully agreed and this week we focused on breakfasts and snacks to start with. Just to get him thinking about all the many options for breakfast you can have besides froot loops. He has been loving it so far. Creating his own smoothie versions with the help from Jessica Sepel's new book 'The Healthy Life' which has categories for Fibre, Protein, Healthy Sweetners etc which you just pick one from each category. I love this method because I can teach him about what each ingredient in his smoothie is providing his body with.



We have also been watching some of Jamie Oliver's Family Food Tube on YouTube and we watched his wife Jool's make a yummy Bircher muesli that you make the night before! This recipe is Fantastic as I can whip it up the night before and leave it in the fridge for a couple days and everyone can help themselves and top it with their own favourites like, berries, nuts, granola, yoghurt etc. perfect!! 

Another one of our favourite brekkies is a toasted English muffin topped with natural peanut butter and sliced bananas yum yum yum! 

I think I have mentioned this in previous blogs, that my 16 year old daughter has recently become a vegan. The rest of our family is not that keen on giving up meat but we are proud of her and I decided that on Friday's and Monday's we would join her and have vegan dinners with her. Last Monday I made these awesome vegan burgers which we all loved.

This weekend we are heading down to the Market Shed on Holland to pick up some organic, fresh fruit and veg for the week ahead!!

Eating healthier has just been SO amazing! I can't wait to keep sharing all the things I have learned with you all as I continue on my journey.

Ciao
Liane xx






No comments:

Post a Comment