fairytale

fairytale

Thursday, July 9, 2015

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 25 and 26

Something you miss? 

Today's post is brought to you from the wonderful Melbourne hotel we are staying in. Yep the girls road trip was a success and we made it in one piece. I will talk about our road trip in later posts. So far we are super happy and today we are going SHOPPING!! Yay!

Okay back to the question at hand. 

Being in Melbourne makes me miss my Mum a lot more than normal because if she were here today she would have come with us on our road trip and she would have looked after us. Even if she didn't come with us I would have had tons of phone calls during the trip where she would check on us and laugh at all the silly mistakes us girls (who should have been born blonde) had made. 

I always miss my Mum. Every day I think about her. Sometimes I still grab the phone to call her and then remember that she is gone. Sometimes I go shopping and hear someone's keys and turn around thinking it's her (she used to have the biggest batch of keys and when we couldn't find her she would jingle away). I miss gossiping about celebrities with her and texting her all the silly stories about my kids. 

It never gets easier but I do think my Mum is watching over us in some strange way. 



Think back to 5 years ago. How have you changed since then?

Okay this post is hard. It really got me thinking, I spent most of the road trip thinking about it. That was a good 9 hours. 

5 years ago I was just 24 and mikey and I had only been living with my husband (then boyfriend) for about a year. I wasn't working but I was looking at studying. I was such a young person at heart and I still a, but back then I was naive and I wasn't ready for the big wide world. I had never had a real full time job and I was doing an okay job at parenting but I wouldn't say I was great at it. I was quite a novice with most things and always needed help as I wasn't very independent. I was extremely shy and I didn't like talking to people if I didn't have to and I was never confident or sure of myself.

Fast forward to now and I am a whole new person with much more confidence in myself. I am also very proud of myself to have come so far in the last few years. I think living with Ross has made me a better person definitely. He has given me so much confidence just by believing in me and pushing me to be the best I can be. I also think my new job has helped me overcome my shyness because I have so many customers coming in for coffees and I talk to them about their day and their lives. I have become more independent from having my own money and helping my husband to look after our little family which has made me feel a lot better about myself and given me that extra boost of confidence. 

Overall I think I have grown up a lot in the last five years but I have always stayed true to myself and my younger ways as well. 

That's all for today. Time to grab some sleep so I can get ready for another big day shopping and sightseeing tomorrow. 

Ciao
Liane xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment