fairytale

fairytale

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Strawberry Cake!


  
Well I am a BIG fan of strawberries so when I went to the store and saw some super yummy looking strawberries I just had to buy some.....

But then after tasting one and realising that they were just as scrummy as they looked I decided that these babies couldn't just be eaten regularly........I was going to have to do even more with them! So I pulled down all of my recipe books, magazine pullouts and more and I found a recipe for:

STRAWBERRY CAKE! 

 
 And the best thing was that I had ALL the other ingredients already in my cupboard :D

Well the result was a seriously scrummy cake....so of course I am going to share the recipe with you so that when you find that great tasting punnet of strawberries you can make them even yummier too.........








125g butter
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 cups self raising flour, sifted
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup fresh strawberries, mashed

Icing:
1 and a 1/2 cups pure icing sugar
4 medium strawberries, mashed

1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 fan forced). Lightly grease and line a 20cm round cake pan.

2. Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. 

3. Fold in the flour and milk, mixing well. Add strawberries to the mix and fold together. 

4. Spoon mixture into the cake pan and bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool.

5. To make Strawberry icing: Mash 4 medium strawberries and add icing sugar, mix until well combined.

ENJOY xxxxx










No comments:

Post a Comment